Faux Quilt Card
Hello! It's almost December, so what a better time than now to post a fun Christmas card? I'm so excited to bring you a "faux quilt card" today. I don't know how to sew at all so this is as close to quilting as I'm bound to get for quite some time :)
I made up this faux quilt look earlier this year when I was struggling to use up paper scraps left over from a paper pad or paper stack. I decide to use the fact that all the pages coordinated with each other to my advantage and wanted to create a patchwork, quilt-y looking card. What I love about this technique is that any patterned papers can be used, and it can also help use up all of those scraps that always seem to stick around unused.
I cut a bunch (20!) 1" x 1" squares from four or different patterns using my Lawn Fawn 1" small cross-stitched square die. I personally think the little cross-stitch x's give more of a stitched feel to the card and add a little something extra. If you don't have a square die that is okay, because you can use a paper trimmer or a ruler and scissors to cut 1" x 1" squares.
I laid all the squares out in a design I liked and glued them down using foam dots to a piece of cardstock that was just slightly smaller than the width and length of the squares so no white would peek out at the end.
I backed the quilt-y part with a super sparkly red cardstock, and topped it with a Seasons Greetings sentiment from The Stamps of Life. I finished off the embellishments with faux holly leaves and berries cut from the same glitter paper and Mossy Green cardstock from The Stamp Market.
My final touch was to touch everything all over with my Nuvo shimmer pen, just to add even more glitter!
I also created a Halloween version of the card shown here. I used a different paper pad and some paper die cuts from an ephemera set to complete the card.
• American Crafts Very Merry 6x6 Paper Pad - https://amzn.to/33oaG35
• Lawn Fawn small cross-stitched square stackables - https://bit.ly/3fI0t5P
• American Crafts Sticky Thumb Foam Dots - https://amzn.to/3buhr5o
• Neenah Classic Crest, 110lb, Solar White - https://amzn.to/2VpfTnw
• Bright Creations Glitter Cardstock Paper 24 Pack - https://amzn.to/3o5WSCb
• Waffle Flower A7 Layers Die Set - https://bit.ly/2Bggpx8
• Tombow 62147 MONO Adhesive Dots Applicator - https://amzn.to/2GdiTOJ
• The Stamps of Life pinecones2stamp - https://bit.ly/2Jlhw25
• The Stamps of Life pinecones2stamp Dies - https://bit.ly/39rskqr
• The Stamp Market Mossy Cardstock - https://bit.ly/2Vghw6b
• 3M 4026 Natural Polyurethane Double Coated Foam Tape, 0.25" - https://amzn.to/3qkwXJ5
• Studio Katia Embellishment Wand - https://bit.ly/2Vg96M9
Supplies Used on Thinking of You Card
• Jen Hadfield for American Crafts 8x6 Paper Pad - https://bit.ly/3qdgWEI
Supplies Used on Halloween Card
• American Crafts Pink Paislee Spellcast set (digital) - https://bit.ly/2Vknx1y (I was unable to find the spellcast paper pad and ephmera set as they are discontinued and out of stock in a lot places. It may be available from some Etsy sellers. But AC has a digital version for purchase on their website and that is what I linked above)
• The background paper I used is called Tangled Web and it's a shimmer glitter paper from Colorbok. I picked this up at a garage sale so do not have a link for it.